Advanced Data Analysis using PowerPivot
- Develop skill in the use of the core aspects of PowerPivot in Excel.
- Creating of PivotTables and their interpretation within the evaluation context.
- Learn core elements of using the DAX language.
- Develop skills in working with the Excel Data Model and relational databases.
- Overview. This course covers some key topics in advanced statistics and data analysis using PowerPivot to analyse large datasets in Excel.
- Practical Work and Exercises. Students are expected to build simple examples for themselves a The course also contains downloadable data sets or simple models that allow a reader to do this practical work without having to enter large sets of data or repeat previous steps.
- Introduction to PowerPivot. Pivot Tables · Filters · Slicers. Excel Data Model.
- Filter and Evaluation Contexts and Measures.
- Using Relational databases · Functions and iterator functions.
- Introduction to the DAX language.
- Sensitivity analysis · CUBE functions · Time-intelligence · Complex queries
- Links to Power BI.