Please do the following exercise:
- Open a new Excel workbook (then use File/Save As to save it under a new name).
- In a worksheet of the workbook, build the model as shown in column B and C above (column E is for reference, showing the formulas used; you do not need to build that part), and then save the file (using File/Save). When building the model, we recommend the following process (though you can choose to use your own route if you wish):
- Enter the text and data in rows 2 to 6. Format the data and borders.
- Enter the text and formulas in rows 8 to 11. Format as shown.
- Once built, practice performing the tracing of precedents and dependents, as well as using Formulas/Show Formulas. Also check the impact of changing the values of some of the input assumptions.
Note: You will need to model in the following quiz and in the next chapter, so please retain it by saving the file!