The CertFM Program
The CertFM Program is a comprehensive set of courses that is designed to develop you into a highly competent and well-rounded professional modeller and analyst. It starts “from the beginning”, but advances rapidly to cover topics that are generally considered to be quite advanced:
- Level I focusses on core aspects of using Excel for economic modelling and data analysis.
- Level II covers data manipulation, corporate finance, valuation, business analysis, model design and best practices.
- Level III covers macros, automation, risk, simulation, optimisation, quantitative finance and advanced data analysis.
Each course consists of:
- Reading materials which describe the concepts, provide detailed examples and Excel screenshots.
- Suggested exercises in Excel.
- Quizzes. These are an integral and mandatory part of the Program. They are embedded at regular intervals, and relate directly to the prior course materials and exercises.
You can sign up at any time and work at your own pace.
Whilst the materials and quizzes are designed for self-study, we offer support packages to students who wish to be able to ask questions about the materials and quiz results.
The quizzes are mandatory, and each has a minimum pass mark (specific to that quiz). This mark must be achieved in to order to continue with the course reading. Each may be taken an unlimited number of times.
The quizzes are designed to be straightforward for anyone who has properly worked through the materials and conducted the exercises. The quizzes therefore help to:
- Reinforce and test understanding of the key points.
- Ensure the development of active skills. Most quizzes require that practical work in be done in Excel.
- Increase engagement in the course materials, by creating variety in the learning experience.
- Ensure credibility to the value of the courses and the certification.