The Certificate in Financial Modelling and Data Analysis
Truly Master Excel, Finance, Economics, Valuation, MoDElling, and Data Analysis ... and more!
EARN THE MOST COMPLETE AND CREDIBLE Professional CERTIFICATionS relating to financial modelling!
A comprehensive, structured and systematic set of courses that are 100% online. You can do them anywhere, anytime.
The free support from our team of experts ensures that you advance as smoothly and quickly as possible.
A Certificate is awarded at the end of each Level to prove your skills to employers!
The CertFM Program is highly suitable for many types of people:
- Early- and mid- stage professionals: Reinforce your knowledge and practical skills and gain an additional professional qualification.
- Business school or economics students: Prepare and equip yourself to succeed in interviews and hit the ground running when you start.
- Non-finance professionals and students: Learn the core concepts and skills for general development or to change careers.
- CFA holders: Gain practical skills in the use of Excel for modelling and data analysis, and learn how things are done in real-life
- … and many others!
Read on to see how it works ...
Levels and Courses
The courses must be worked through in order, from the beginning. This ensures that we can provide support to all students on a fair and equal basis, as well as giving credibility to the Certificates. At the end of each Level, you are awarded the Certificate for that Level. The first course (Financial Modelling Starter) is free: It allows you to experience the style of materials within the CertFM Program, so that you can make an informed decision about whether you to continue.
LEVEL I (Foundations)
- Financial Modelling Starter. This free course introduces modelling from first principles, covers some essential features of Excel, and includes an Assessment Test.
- Foundations of Modelling with Excel. Core modelling techniques, Excel operations and short-cuts. Sensitivity analysis. Common structures and calculations: growth, ratio-based forecasting, and corkscrew structures.
- Decision Support and Model Planning. Principles of model design. Generating high quality decisions. Decision identification, structuring and criteria.
- Excel Functions and Applications (I). Approximately 40 Excel functions. Applications to general modelling and data analysis. Information, logic, conditionality, and aggregations. Function-based modelling structures such as waterfalls, allocations, and triangles.
LEVEL II (Intermediate)
- Excel Functions and Applications (II). Array calculations. Dynamic output ranges. Lookup functions. Further function-based modelling structures, including using flags, scenarios, scenario-decks, variance analysis, and data integration.
- Economics and Financial Evaluation. Core concepts and calculations in economics and finance: Growth measurement and forecasting, time-value-of-money, CAPM, interest compounding, discounting, annuities, IRR, NPV, loans, depreciation, and so on.
- Essentials of Business Analysis and Valuation. Ratio analysis, Dupont analysis. Business valuation using comparables and cash flow methods.
LEVEL III (Advanced)
- Data Analysis, Manipulation and Statistics. Statistical analysis and functions. Data manipulation, integration and consolidation. Excel functions. Advanced Lookups, Text, Date, Database functions. PivotTables, PowerQuery and PowerPivot.
- Model Design and Best Practices. This course covers in detail the issues to consider when building a model, in order to maximise its effectiveness, transparency, flexibility and robustness.
- Essentials of Financial Statement Modelling. Creating financial statement forecasts. Step-by-step methodology. Balancing the statements balance. Error-correction and credibility checks. Introduction to advanced topics and generalisations.
LEVEL IV (Expert)
- Macros, Automation and Algorithms. VBA macros. Automation of common tasks. Applications to general finance, data analysis, simulation and optimisation. Introduction to quantitative finance and machine learning algorithms.
- To check and reinforce your understanding of key topics.
- To ensure that you develop active practical skills (rather than only passive knowledge).
- To create variety within the learning experience as well as a more engaging course.
- To enhance credibility of the certification.
Supporting Your Progress
We recognize that on occasion you may become stuck on an Assessment Test: Our support service is available if that happens!
- We are here to help with issues that directly hinder your progression through the tests.
- Typically, we would review your answers and workings, and provide feedback, guidance, tips or hints, so that you can retake the test.
- We will not provide the answers directly, but will act as facilitators for you to find them!
- Our support services are provided directly by real-life experts, not chatbots or AI interfaces!
Please note that:
- Before contacting support, we expect you to have completed all the reading and done all the required exercises, and to have tried the relevant test several times!
- We reserve the right to determine the extent of support feedback provided (on a case-by-case basis).
- The support is available only to fee paying students during the course access period.
Planning and Using Your Study Time
The volume of materials within the Program is significant and should not be underestimated: The reading materials for most courses are equivalent to around several hundred pages as standard printed text, and you also need to master the concepts covered, and do practical work, as well as take the assessment tests.
Each course in Levels II, III and IV would typically require several days of intense study to complete (or the equivalent time). Level I courses are likely to be able to be completed more quickly.
Currently, we are offering only the Initiation package, which provides:
- 6 months of access to Level I only.
- Includes support services.
- Awards the Level I Certificate in Financial Modelling and Data Analysis (Level I-Foundations) on completion.
- Suitable for those wishing to get started with the CertFM Program, and gain some certification, for a low budget.
- Currently being offered for a discounted price of £295+VAT.