About the CertFM Study Program
The CertFM Program is a comprehensive set of on-line courses for self-study. It is designed to meet the needs of a well-rounded professional modeller and analyst. It provides a broad and deep coverage that is far beyond anything covered in individual books, classroom training, or other on-line programs.
The Program was designed and written by Dr. Michael Rees. He is one of the world’s leading experts in financial modelling, and is an established author, trainer and consultant. He has worked for over 30 years in this field, written three best-selling books, trained over 3000 people, and advised clients all around the globe and from many industries in relation to complex decision situations.
The Program has three Levels, each consisting of four courses:
- Level I introduces financial modelling, covers the core aspects of using Excel for modelling and data analysis, some key aspects of economic and financial analysis, and the use of sensitivities and scenarios.
- Levels II covers model planning, design and best practices, ratio analysis, the modelling of financial statements, valuation in corporate finance, data manipulation and analysis.
- Level III covers VBA macros for automation, risk assessment, risk assessment, simulation, quantitative finance, and advanced data analysis.
Each course contains a mixture of:
- Reading materials.
- Suggested exercises in Excel.
- Quizzes. These test the understanding of the key concept and methods, and generally also require practical work to be done in Excel in order to be able to answer some of the questions.
The Program must be worked through in order from the beginning. The first two courses in Level I contain free materials that provide a sample of the style of the rest of the Program.
The Certificate for each level is awarded when the courses and quizzes in that level have been completed.
Each quiz has a minimum mark that is required to be achieved before a student can continue. The quizzes are directly related to the course materials and the suggested exercises, so that they should be straightforward for anyone who has properly worked through the materials.
Each quiz may be taken an unlimited number of times, so that students can revisit the necessary materials as necessary.